BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Showing section markers in elevation

ares997
Contributor
Is there a way to show the section markers in their correct location parametrically?

I want to drop some section markers in plan and have them show up in elevation? I know I could trace reference the plan then place a linked marker but I wonder if there is an more dynamically connected method.

Thanks!
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Section and elevation markers can show in transverse views automatically. I believe that is their default behavior. This is not happening for you?
ares997
Contributor
No it isn't working and I can't remember if it was ever a feature that showed up. It would be similar to the grid lines showing up in both plan and elevation, instead with the section markers.
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll take a look when I get the chance. (I hope I'm remembering correctly and not getting it mixed up with Revit.) It may have to do with the markers you are using.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having the same issue: Section markers not showing in elevation.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think you will have to place a linked Marker, I am not aware of this possibility of a Section Marker automatically showing in a perpendicular Section/Elevation. Would be nice though.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!