Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Significant differences in print output between Windows and Mac

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a long standing issue for us and it feels so major that there must be something really obvious that I'm missing, so I hope someone here can recognise what I'm doing wrong.

Red zones are problems, yellow are not.

The top image was printed directly from ArchiCAD 22 on a Mac running 10.13 to a Canon IR C3525. OS, AC and drivers fully updated.

The bottom image is the exact same document printed from ArchiCAD 22 on Windows 10 to the same printer.

As you can see there are major differences around the text and with layered fills that mean the printed images are nothing like what we see on screen, and expect to see on the printout. I think it has something to do with the way macs print, effectively creating a PDF first then printing that, but I've tried and failed several times to find a solution.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

We outsourced our printing the other day and had the same results for different files. I only have these pics sorry, but you can clearly see the fill which is not supposed to be there. This happened where there are paving fills and roof tile fills. Saved from Windows. Will ask which platform they printed from.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/2Ctd5Kq.png[img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/XCzHG71.png[img]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Update: They printed from Windows
Anonymous
Not applicable
The guy came back today and ultimately the options he changed weren't very complex but it seems odd that the default settings produced such poor results - presumably the same settings exist on the windows driver, but are configured differently? The printouts from Windows and Mac are now pretty much identical.

In case anyone else finds this thread and has similar problems - I'm trying to translate the options names from French so it might not be quite accurate.

The settings were all under 'Quality' on the mac driver, the first setting is 'Vectorial' or 'Frame' (?), the Frame option was significantly better, and faster. The second thing that made a large difference was Smoothing, there are 3 options for this, one for Grey Smoothing under advanced, they should all be turned off.

In any case, it is just a question of finding the right settings in the driver options, thankfully!

Thanks everyone 🙂