BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Since the save as option for BIMx was removed

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I export my model without publishing it to the web, if I just want to save a BIMx desktop viewer file.

There should be away to save BIMx files anytime then upload them using an upload function under BIMx website.

The save as is the only way I can see to do this.
Can anyone explain why this feature was taken out of the save as menu?

Can we add an option under publish to save to drive, that doesn't look for graphisoft ID or any internet services?

Additionally there is no option to render GI once saved in BIMx the only way is to publish it and choose the option when publishing it.
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
Our company has also just made to jump from Archicad18 to 20 and to our astonishment we also discovered the save menu to bimx has been removed.
After sending an email to Graphisoft / Central innovation and telling them that we would continue to use Archicad 18 until such time the issue was resolved we where give this reply.

Graphisoft / Central innovation
"Sorry for my delayed response. These features are missing from the new BIMx versions. But you can still open the files exported from version 20 in the BIMx of ARCHICAD 18. This way you can use version 20 for your projects and save the bimx in version 18.

This solution adds at the very least an extra hour to all of our projects and seems to me to be a very clumsy way to achieve a function that used to working perfectly well.
Has anyone found a better workaround for this issue or is it a case of letting our investment of several thousands of dollars slip away into the cold dark depths of technological advancement!
Barry Kelly
tilly wrote:
This solution adds at the very least an extra hour to all of our projects and seems to me to be a very clumsy way to achieve a function that used to working perfectly well.
Has anyone found a better workaround for this issue or is it a case of letting our investment of several thousands of dollars slip away into the cold dark depths of technological advancement!
I don't think they are saying that you have to convert your version 20 file back to 18 and then save as a BIMx file.

You save the BIMx for version 20 and open it with the version 18 BIMx desktop viewer.
I just tried it with a very simple model and it seems to work.

However it seems you still can not change the global illumination or change other settings and re-save from the BIMx application.
Which then forces you to back save in Archicad to version 18 and then save as a BIMx file that you can then manipulate and re-save in Archicad.

I have only done a very quick test though.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Hans Roest
Booster
Barry wrote:

However it seems you still can not change the global illumination or change other settings and re-save from the BIMx application.
This makes sense. In the previous 'working version' (the version that had all we wanted) in AC19 also only had the option when saving a 'normal' BIMx model. When you saved a BIMx Hypermodel in AC19, the 'Save as' option and GI etc. was not available in BIMx. AC20 and higher can only save Hypermodels.