BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Single Fly-Through with multiple backgrounds

Craig Bagley
Contributor
Question 1:

I'm creating a Fly-Through with AC9. Is it possible to use multiple backgrounds in a single Fly-Through? After some experimenting, I don't see how....it appears the background setting in either the 3D Window or the PhotoRendering Settings Window won't change with different camera settings. Whatever it's set at when the Fly-Through is run becomes THE background.

Why am I trying this? Well, as one moves through rooms, different background opportunities present themselves through window openings. And they may not be backgrounds you want to see if the Fly-Through starts outdoors.

Reading earlier posts, mapping panorama photos to walls is a trick I would try otherwise. But I thought I'd post the question to see if I'm missing something.

Question 2:

Is there any way to utilize crossfades in a Fly-Through without extra software?
AC20 USA/Build 8005
15" MBP, 16 GB RAM
macOS 10.13.6
3 REPLIES 3
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Different backgrounds can be achieved by rendering partial fly thru, changing the background, rendering more etc., etc....

Then combine them in Quicktime PRO or other such program.

Yes you can map a PANORAMA to a cylindrical (or spherical) wall / object.

No, I don't believe there is any way to create CROSS-FADES inside of ArchiCAD.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am afraid that none of what you are looking for can be achieved with ArchiCAD fly throughs .

for me i would never consider doing all these in one flythrough , i would have small ones and do whatever i want in some Video editing program.
fuzzytnth3
Booster
I would either break the fly through up as described above or use "Picture" objects placed outside of the openings that your camera flys past. Each Picture object can display whatever image you want / need.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Learn and get certified!