Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Size setting of label outline in elevation is grayed out

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello fellow ArchiCAD 19 users.
This is my first post here since I can't find existing answer online.

I need to label windows and doors in the elevation, but hexagon size is too small to fit the text (window ID) and the setting (that I think represents it) is grayed out (see screenshot)
Also graphic standard of our office requires me to rotate the hexagon so that flat part is on top and bottom (like I sketched in a screenshot.)

I was able to do all that in plan, but in elevation it is a mess, please help.

Thanks

P.S. I have been using archicad for little over a year (part-time), so please explain in terms I would be able to understand
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
(Not an answer to your question, but you can delete your duplicate posts before someone comments on them)
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Artur:

It looks like you could use the Identification Label 19 to get what you need, turn the Frame on. I think the NCS Indicator 19 is a fixed size, the Identification Label 19 changes size to fit the text.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you David Maudlin
it worked

and I did a signature like yours
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Artur:

Glad to read that you found a solution, thanks for posting back and adding the signature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14