Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Sketch background

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey.

Im a bit new in this program, so I need a little help please.
The problem is my sketchrendering.

It seems like the background(Picture and color) is in front of my drawing. So it anly shows my backgroundpicture and not my building.

When im deselecting background photo, the building is like this: see atttachment.
The building is very unclear.

THT_19_08_2008test.jpg
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sketch render is a problem by itself! Only 1% ot its option is usable! It is Koh-i-noor. Try it without shadows and hatches!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now I got a background picture in the back, but something is still wrong.
How can I get the Mesh-skeched too?
And not a transparent bulding?

Tried to remove the shadows and hatching, but nothing was changed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope this helps! I had some spare time!
If you want a picture in the background, use Photoshop! AC is not a graphic design program, though sometimes does the job!
sketch.gif
Anonymous
Not applicable
3D window settings. the windows size should be the same as photorendering settings, right?

Im only getting a white white picture now.
Anonymous
Not applicable
No! Photorendering could be 5000/5000 pixels - you do not have such a monitor, do you? Have a look at the checkmark "Keep proportion of the 3D window! That's it - proportion!
Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah of cause... And no i have not a monitor 5000/5000

But now im finally getting some results, where the building is shown! Still not able to get the background picture behind drawing, but Ill try photoshop one day.

Thank you for the help Kliment!
Karl Ottenstein
I disagree with Kliment about only 1% of Sketch being usable. Perhaps many of the pre-defined settings don't give pleasant results, but they are just examples. You have control of most of the effects via the sliders.

In your first example, you had the 'air' perspective effect too high, which causes linework to fade out (I think).

In your example with a dark background, you needed to change your sketch lines to a light color to make them contrast for visibility.

The sketch render is always transparent, so you cannot put a 'sky' behind it, for example. But, you will find other threads here where people have done clever things, such as making a LightWorks or Internal render, saving that as the sketch background image, and then generating a sketch which in effect places sketch lines on top of the render. Other effects require an image editor such as Photoshop, Gimp, etc.

Like any creative tool, it takes time to explore and find what meets your needs.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB