BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Sketch mode question

Tom Krowka
Booster
Have rendered a project with sketch mode. See the attachment. Question is how can I eliminate the swirl effect in the hatching? Have tried various anti-aliasing settings to no avail. Not sure what settings I might adjust.

Thanks.

alf cover 4.jpg
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
5 REPLIES 5
rob2218
Enthusiast
you'll have to "fake" the patterns' thats causing the swirl effect.
it's just an issue of how close the lines are together.

Kinda like when you look at screen porch and you are looking thru it thru another screen material...they confuse and conflict the eye/brain synaptics into those swirl effects.

just bump up the scale of the vectoral pattern a bit.
see if that helps.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Tom Krowka
Booster
Will give it a try. It seems to be kind of a duplication of effort however. One hatch pattern for elevations, one for 3D presentation.

Thanks. Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
rob2218
Enthusiast
Well, it's the only offer that comes to mind.
I know that darn "swirl" effect is indeed annoying and can make (or break!) the perspective at times.

Unless someone who has tweaked the graphics on linework can chime in....that's all I can offer.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Anonymous
Not applicable
You could try rendering to a bigger image, then reduce in Photoshop if necessary. The swirls are a by-product of image resolution.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The "moire" effect comes from lines that are to close to each other. As suggested try rendering in higher resolution or adjust the size of the hatch.
Learn and get certified!