Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Sketch render view angle won't change

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using AC17 on a mac sys 10.8.3
The view when I go to sketch render keeps reverting back to a particular view . I cannot change the view no matter how often I change the view in parrallel projections it keeps reverting back to the same view. To me, it doesn't make sense. Any help would be appreciated
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you selecting the view from the View Map? If so, when you have made changes to that view you must redefine it by going to the View Settings and hitting the "Get current window's settings" button. There should be a checkbox to Redefine Image Settings too, which will update any changes you have made to Render settings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks- I will try. Don't recall seeing Redefine Image Settings. But will look
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bottom of dialogue in image below (from AC16, but 17 should be similar).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Still cannot shift the view in Sketch Render or Lightworks Render. Continually reverts to one particular view. It's stuck. Also, seems as if both of those render engines have vanished.They show up in the view map but don't doing anything anymore. Very frustrating. I have gone to the 3D views setting box and adjusted it to the view I want and then gone highlighted Sketch render, settings, get current view, and redefine image settings but still get the same view as always.
Seems like an easy fix is there but it has completely eluded me.
Thanks for any help
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stuart- Thanks for the screen shot post but it doesn't work for me. It is the same dialogue box in 17. I can't find any other dialogue box for either render engine. Like a reset or something.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried a file in AC17, had a saved 3D view, changed the view, redefined it (including render window settings) and it all worked for me. I thought it might have been linked to a placed camera so I even tried placing a camera, changed the view, redefined it, and that worked too.

Sorry to say I could not replicate your problem.
Erich
Contributor
If the view is based on a camera you may need to modify the camera to the current view (right click on the view). Otherwise it will revert to the camera position each time.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the suggestions. I have never tried Sketch Render before until this project and what little I saw of it I liked. But the option has now completely disappeared and I have no idea how to get it back. Nothing at all comes up when I type it in the help menu. What has taken its place in the view map is called Generic Axonometry though it doesn't look any different then Archicad renderer. Same with Lightworks though both looked pretty cool before I started messing with them. These are the only two renders that have a locked in view that I cannot change. I don't have a right click so I tried control click to no avail. When I open a new file they are both there in the view map and seem to work fine when I render a simple wall but have vanished from the file I am working on now. Are they an add on that I'm suppose to purchase to actually get some use out of them?
Anonymous
Not applicable
They can't disappear unless something is going seriously wrong with your installation. They are built in to Archicad.

Go to Document> Creative Imaging> Photorender Settings and select which one you want to use from the "Engine" pull-down. Then when all is set up Document> Creative Imaging> Photorender Projection to render (or if you have the 3D Visualisation toolbar turned on as I do just hit the PhotoRender button (camera) top right of image below).