Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Sketchy stacking order of 2D fills in Interior Elevations when Teamworking?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor

Hi,

This is for AC23: (and older versions as well...can't tell about 24 or 25 since we use 19-23)

I draw a 2D fill in an interior elevation view and use display order to place it correctly. When a teammate opens the IE layout the display order is different. This is super inconvenient and I remember this problem from older versions as well...16, 17 something. It seems the display order is somewhat connected to settings on the client instead of the cloud!? I have no reminiscens of this happening with other views that IE.

Anyone else experiencing this? Workarounds? We've worked our way around this by assigning the task of creating the IE views/layouts to only one person (the person that did the 2D-fills) but in the large projects it's not a viable workaround.

Br,

Mats

AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
runxel
Legend

If I remember correctly the stacking order is only saved locally, meaning it will never be shared across different workstations in Teamwork.

If you think "this is a weird design decision" then you're absolutely right.

@Minh NguyenWasn't there some ongoing dev project to solve this problem?

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Is this teamwork or solo projects? With teamwork you are sending / receiving?

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

Teamwork as the subject states 🙂

AC 25 SWE Full

Solution
runxel
Legend

If I remember correctly the stacking order is only saved locally, meaning it will never be shared across different workstations in Teamwork.

If you think "this is a weird design decision" then you're absolutely right.

@Minh NguyenWasn't there some ongoing dev project to solve this problem?

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

No-one reads the topic, right? 😛

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

Design by forgetting some things and then not correcting.

AC 25 SWE Full

giza
Booster

In case you want to quickly check you can compare the Display order level of certain element if its the same for both users on teamwork, you may use Element information palete for that  

giza_0-1630934407548.png

Gezim Radoniqi | Architect | BIM Manager @ 4MGroup
ArchiCAD user since version 6
AMD Ryzen 3950X CPU, 64 GB RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12GB

As Runxel writes the display order is local. I hope @mnguyen will comment. The behavior feels like a bug and is highly irritating.

AC 25 SWE Full

Haha even the sun has its spots 🙂

AC 25 SWE Full

Dear Mats,

Thank you very much for reaching out!

With the help of our colleague, we think that this could be an old defect with Teamwork operation. I haven't been able to get an exact confirmation on it yet. Once I know more about it I will let you know!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT