Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Sketchy stacking order of 2D fills in Interior Elevations when Teamworking?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor

Hi,

This is for AC23: (and older versions as well...can't tell about 24 or 25 since we use 19-23)

I draw a 2D fill in an interior elevation view and use display order to place it correctly. When a teammate opens the IE layout the display order is different. This is super inconvenient and I remember this problem from older versions as well...16, 17 something. It seems the display order is somewhat connected to settings on the client instead of the cloud!? I have no reminiscens of this happening with other views that IE.

Anyone else experiencing this? Workarounds? We've worked our way around this by assigning the task of creating the IE views/layouts to only one person (the person that did the 2D-fills) but in the large projects it's not a viable workaround.

Br,

Mats

AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
16 REPLIES 16

Could this also be credited to the same bug? One teamworker have serious problems with the point cloud while the others experience nemas problemas. If you're faint harted don't look at the video: https://youtu.be/auOfnL8W93k

AC 25 SWE Full

Hi Mats,

I was unable to see the video though. Could you please reshare it maybe?

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

I wonder if that shifting of those Door Leafs and the Point Cloud could be caused by a graphics card driver problem.

I guess the only way to find out would be for you to update your drivers and see if that makes any difference.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Thanks for the video!

Hmm, that's interesting. I have never seen it though. Does the issue still happen if the user saves a copy of the file as PLN and work offline? Will the door and pointcloud get displaced while zooming?

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Hi Minh, 

Same issue with pln.

(graphic card drivers are updated)

/Mats

AC 25 SWE Full

Hi Mats,

Thanks for your clarification! At the same time, I saw that the case has been reported through our partner channel. One of our colleagues will investigate the issue soon. Thus, I suggest following up through that channel to avoid double communication.

Once again, thank you very much and have a great day!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Hi Mats,

I have confirmed that this is indeed a defect recorded in our database. Its new ID is DEF-6380. As runxel pointed out, the data for display order is stored locally, thus it is not shared in the project. Fixing this bug would require a big amount of resources, thus it still hasn't been fixed so far.

I have entered your input from this thread, hopefully to raise more attention to it. Thank you for your understanding and I am very sorry for the inconvenience! Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

MInh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT