Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Skewed Layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
I really really need some help here quickly. We have a file that has been turning all our layouts screwy, and the guy that worked on the job originally is no longer with the company. I need to print this sheet out this afternoon, and, well, it's not going to happen at this rate. I cannot figure out how to fix it.

Steps I've tried:

1. "Rotate Orientation" on the view itself
2. Every combination of options I can think of in the "Grids & Background" dialog box
3. Setting rotated grid under "View>Grid Options>Set Rotated Grid

If this was AutoCAD, I'd say the UCS is off, but it's not AutoCAD. Can someone lend me a hand in the next few hours or so?
3 REPLIES 3
Erich
Contributor
Select the view in the Navigator Layout book and choose "settings." Is the angle of the placed view set to something other than 0?

This will rotate a view on the layout without any changes to the view itself.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Loquinho:

See this thread:
Skewed Layouts

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Loquinho,

To fix the plan please try these steps:
- Select the drawing on the layout and open its source view from the context menu
- In Navigator - View Map open its View Settings
- set zooming to Fit in Window, click OK
- go back to the layout
- update the drawing
Now it should rotate back to horizontal.

I hope that helps.
Regards,
Katalin Takacs