BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Sky Reflections in Elevations

Matt Purves
Contributor

Hi,

I have not been able to work out how to get reflective surfaces to show with sky reflections like they do in the Archicad presentation video for AC25, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp6e9Zog-m8 

I follow all steps shown in the video, yet no sky texture appears on glass etc.

What am I missing here, is there a prerequisite setup process for sky textures not shown in the tutorial?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Yes, to get that effect you need to have a surface that has a image of a sky as it's texture and either override the panels outside surface or make sure that the material used for the panel uses the surface. For a good result you need to set texture size wide/high enough to the entire facade curtainwall or else you will have repetition.

thesleepofreason_1-1644262833176.png

Thank you for your answer.

It is already what I had been doing as a 'workaround'. I guess it is not a work around if there is nothing to work around, 😉 the way I interpreted the new texture feature was that there was an auto sky reflection on translucent surfaces, guess not!

I think then I need to find a better sky texture to improve the appearance of it 🙂

Learn and get certified!