BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Slab symbol floor elevation hatch?

rob2218
Enthusiast
looking for a symbol that is intelligent enough that when I stretch it up and down or left and right...the "fill" inside will stay the same look (meaning it wont distort) and the line which represents "slab or surface" change can be only the surface 'edge' that is being depicted.

For slabs and perhaps ceiling changes. Could possibly add multiple nodes to the thickend pline which depicts the "edge" of the planes changing.

Anyone have such symbol??

Slab-Fill-change.jpg
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
6 REPLIES 6
rob2218
Enthusiast
A simple "fill" object will almost do it....but I don't want to see the line where the "curved underside" hatch lines stops....if I could only control the "linework" on fill objects...to make them "invisible", like in the (ahem) other very popular BIM program...that'd be sweet.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
I can't believe none of you have ever used a symbol graphics like this. I could use a "fill" with its edges turned off and a pline drawn at the change in elevation edges, then group the two....but I'd prefer it to be cleaner as one intelligent object, perhaps could even have a variable text built it that whenever you stretch the "step" change, the text would adjust automatically....
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Eduardo Rolon
rob2218 wrote:
I can't believe none of you have ever used a symbol graphics like this. I could use a "fill" with its edges turned off and a pline drawn at the change in elevation edges, then group the two....but I'd prefer it to be cleaner as one intelligent object, perhaps could even have a variable text built it that whenever you stretch the "step" change, the text would adjust automatically....
This is what I have always done but would love to have it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

rob2218
Enthusiast
geez...
I can't believe this symbol doesn't exist out there....yet.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Erich
Contributor
Such a simple thing.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5