BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Slanted BimX View

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

Please see the attached image. One of our clients has reported that he has a strange occurrence from BimX, in that the entire screen is sent slanted.
Now, I do note that the screen grab he has sent appears to be BimX viewed via a remote desktop. Are there any known issues caused by using BimX via remote desktop?
4 REPLIES 4
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dan wrote:
Hi there,

Please see the attached image. One of our clients has reported that he has a strange occurrence from BimX, in that the entire screen is sent slanted.
Now, I do note that the screen grab he has sent appears to be BimX viewed via a remote desktop. Are there any known issues caused by using BimX via remote desktop?

Capture.JPG
Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting this here! I would love to help you out on this one.

This is indeed very bizarre behavior from BIMx's side. If I may ask you kindly, would you please provide the BIMx file - in a PM - which is producing this behavior so I may forward it to our Technical Support Engineers and have them investigate this issue in-depth.

You might have come across a defect with the software. If that is indeed the case, then with your help, we can register this properly and begin working on fixing it as soon as possible.

I'm looking forward to hearing back from you, and thank you very much for being active on ARCHICAD-Talk and letting us and everyone else know about these issues.

I wish you a great day ahead of you!

Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com
Barry Kelly
Dan wrote:
Are there any known issues caused by using BimX via remote desktop?

Yes.
I use TightVNC to connect to other machines in our company and BIMx just appears as a back screen - even though it is working perfectly fine on the source machine.
I have tried other screen sharing application as as well in the past with no luck either.
But it has always been just a blank screen.
I have never seen a distorted view like this.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Hello Dan G,

I only use an iPad Pro to present all my projects.
I use to add an Apple TV between my Ipad and a large TV screen or a video projector to share the visualisation.
The desktop bimX viewer is more a check application than a presentation software for me and I have never seen a distorted view like this.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dan wrote:
Hi there,

Capture.JPG
Hi again Dan,

I have opened an official Case for this issue, which you reported. My colleague took a look at and it seems that this behavior is associated mainly with Remote Apps and not BIMx itself.

This link mentions the topic, so feel free to check it out for further information:
https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2026277-remote-app-screen-distortion-issue

Nonetheless, we would like to be thorough so we would like to check things on many levels and layers in order to determine the real reason behind this and hopefully, how to fix it.

If you would please answer the following questions, it would prove a great for us!

1. Which application was used for the Remote Access?
2. Does it happen with other Remote Access applications or only that one? (for example: Windows Remote Desktop, Team Viewer, etc.)
3. Does it happen on both Wifi and through a cable?
4. Is the connection using a VPN by any chance?
5. Does the same issue happen on any computer or only on a specific computer?
6. If it does happen on a specific computer only, then please would you provide me with a NFO file from that computer? You can send it over a PM.

I hope we get to the bottom of this!

Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com