Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Small patches of white dots in render

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am doing some rendering and have been noticing these little patches of white dots.

Im assuming they have something to do with lighting but Im not sure why this is occuring.

I am basically using "Indoor Lamps Only Medium (Physical)" with tiny changes like adding colour correction and lowering lamps to 65 in light adjustment.

Ive been able to fix the images in post using the healing tool but if possible id prefer not to have to do this.

Please see below image to see what the issue is

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
The white dots hilighted in your image are reflections of your lights, the reflections are just broken up by the aggressive bump mapping applied to the tiles.

If the dots were more regular over the whole image you would need to adjust the physical rendering settings to QMC and primary method and ‘light mapping’ as secondary

Regards
Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
sboydturner wrote:
The white dots hilighted in your image are reflections of your lights, the reflections are just broken up by the aggressive bump mapping applied to the tiles.
Thanks Scott

How should I go about fixing this issue, would I need to try adjusting/lowering the bump settings on my tile texture?