Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Smart pdf marker links - how does it work?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Example: I have a plan of a building with ten rooms. Each room has a room drawing.
I have detail markers on the plan as well as section and elevations.

When I export a combined pdf the markers work as links in the generated pdf much like BIMx internal links. I can click a detal from the plan and the corresponding detail drawing will open.
I don't know how this works from a technical point of view. Reason for this question is that I want to find a way to get this link behaviour with text in zone stamps.

In the zone stamp I have added the corresponding room drawing number but since the zone stamp is not a marker there is no link.

Is possible to solve this in some way?
/Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mats,
I think that the bookmark processing to create the link only works within markers, to do what you want I think the PDF export tool would need to be rewritten to add the functionality

Scott
Lingwisyer
Guru
I would assume that you would need to rewrite the Zone stamp/tool too in order to link it to other drawings as I would assume the exporter is picking up these drawing references.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Lingwisyer wrote:
I would assume that you would need to rewrite the Zone stamp/tool too in order to link it to other drawings as I would assume the exporter is picking up these drawing references.

Ling.
Guess so. Gah. ArchiCAD needs this.
AC 25 SWE Full

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
What sort of view is the 'room drawing'? You could place a linked marker instead of adding the text to the zone stamp as a workaround.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Erwin wrote:
What sort of view is the 'room drawing'? You could place a linked marker instead of adding the text to the zone stamp as a workaround.
Hi Erwin,
The room drawing consists of interior elevations. I'll try modifying the elevation marker.
/Mats
AC 25 SWE Full