Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Snap guides dont show middle point anymore? AC23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive recently swapped to AC23 for a new project.

In 21 I have been able to grab an object, then use a snap point circle thing and then that would give me a halfway point between the start point and the snap point.

I cant seem to do that in AC23 right away, is there a setting im missing maybe to turn on?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
You can set the snap options to 'Between intersecting elements', and this will give a snap midway between intersecting walls or other elements.
But it will not use objects as intersections, so in your image the vanity bench will not act as an intersection if it is an object, but will if it is a slab or fill.

But it could be that you were automatically establishing the snap guide lines just by dragging the element around and touching the edges.
This may establish intersecting snap guides that will give you a mid point.

I have never noticed a snap midway along the rubber band while dragging - unless it coincides with another guideline or edge.

This is what I would do.

Barry
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
If you place 2 snap point circles, you should get the midpoint (so long as you have snap to 'Half' active).

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
If you place 2 snap point circles, you should get the midpoint (so long as you have snap to 'Half' active).

Barry.
Thanks Barry, in the past ive never needed two though, if i grabbed the object to be moved from a point and then made a snap point it would make a middle point in the past for me. Do you know if this is possible to set up?
Solution
Barry Kelly
You can set the snap options to 'Between intersecting elements', and this will give a snap midway between intersecting walls or other elements.
But it will not use objects as intersections, so in your image the vanity bench will not act as an intersection if it is an object, but will if it is a slab or fill.

But it could be that you were automatically establishing the snap guide lines just by dragging the element around and touching the edges.

I have never noticed a snap midway along the rubber band while dragging - unless it coincides with another guideline or edge.

This is what I would do.

Barry
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:

This is what I would do.

snap_midpoint.jpg

Barry
Thanks for that Barry.

After seeing your post I tried doing it again your way and my way in a different area and both were working fine. Turns out my point was offset by 2mm so didnt notice it wasnt straight, I think this is what was causing my issue all along oops!