Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Solid Element Operations and Renovation Filter

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a simple terrain set to "Existing" and i have a slab set to "New" that sits on top and penetrates the terrain a bit. I subtract the slab from the terrain to make some sort of dig, but when go back and forth between Existing and New renovation filter the terrain has that solid operation applied on both states.
(the way to go around this is to split the terrain into parts, the ones that stay and the ones that are going to be demolished, which is generally a pain and a lot of work)

Is there a way for solid operations to be applied or not depending on the renovation filter?
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Sorry, not possible to do.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
So what method would you use in order to the same thing? and be able to have a correct demolition plan (digging plan)
DGSketcher
Legend
I haven't tried this but have you looked at PBC and Building Material strength values. This is different to SEO as in theory the stronger material e.g. your excavation profile should displace the ground when displayed. I recall doing something similar in the past. Sometimes it works but other times you have to play with the display order in the view.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Barry Kelly
papsphilip wrote:
So what method would you use in order to the same thing? and be able to have a correct demolition plan (digging plan)

This is a similar problem to adding an insulating skin to a wall for a renovation.
The entire wall need to be set as 'existing' or 'to be demolished' and then a 'new' wall added that includes the extra skin.
When viewing the new wall you hide the existing or to be demolished

So in your case you would have an 'existing' mesh with no SEO and then duplicate this as a 'new' mesh with the SEO.
When viewing the existing you hide the new, and when viewing the new you hide the existing.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
DGSketcher wrote:
I haven't tried this but have you looked at PBC and Building Material strength values. This is different to SEO as in theory the stronger material e.g. your excavation profile should displace the ground when displayed. I recall doing something similar in the past. Sometimes it works but other times you have to play with the display order in the view.
the thing is that i need a demolition plan, so a floor plan and some sections that show, highlighted in red, slabs or terrain that has to go.