BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Solution for showing wall surface in plan - override, pen set?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I'm trying to find an efficient way of making a floor plan that shows codes/colors for interior surfaces.

These plans basically look like the picture under. They're like a stripped down version of a normal plan, with a thick colored line symbolizing the wall surface type and which side of the wall the surface is supposed to be on.

I would prefer to do this plan without drawing any extra lines in 2D. Is there some way I can override line type and pen color of composite wall skins/separators with graphic overrides or changing pen sets? I would not like to model x amount of composites for each and every different wall/surface combination.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
You could create a dedicated penset for this and use GO to change the CP composite line.
Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
You could create a dedicated penset for this and use GO to change the CP composite line.
Hope that helps.
That is a good suggestion, thank you. Could you clarify what you mean by CP?

I assume the GO would change line types on both sides of the wall to be the same. Ideally i would have different lines/line types on each side of the wall.
Anonymous
Not applicable
CP is for Complex Profile.
Ok. Now I understand what you are trying to achieve.
You want to control individual lines on a CP by GO.
As you well said, GO change all of them. So it is not possible.
Perhaps some tweak on the Zone tool could do the trick.
Hope that helps.
Leire Bilbao
Booster
I have the same problem... You didn't manage without extra 2D lines, did you?

Is there a wish for it?
Learn and get certified!