BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Sort linetypes by attribute number

Oosh
Booster

Before starting a new project in AC25 I deleted all linetypes in the attribute manager and imported new linetypes from a .xml from a past project. The linetypes are now sorted alphabetically instead of by attribute number.

How can I revert the sort order for linetypes to attribute number?

AC26 5004 | MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2023) | Sonoma 14.0 | Apple M2 Max | 32 GB RAM
3 REPLIES 3

You can select which order the attributes are displayed in the attribute manager by click the column header at the top. If you mean the sort order within the palette to select a line type then that will be ordered alphabetically by default, you’d have to add the number to the front of the name. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

Got it. So there’s no way to revert back to sorting the line type within the palate back to attribute number. Thank you!

AC26 5004 | MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2023) | Sonoma 14.0 | Apple M2 Max | 32 GB RAM
Barry Kelly

25 you should find the list in the tools for line type is in alphabetical order in 3 groups.

Solid line is first - on its own.

Then there are 'Dashed' lines and then a group for 'Symbol' lines.

In earlier version, they were still in the 3 groups (although not so clearly defined with titles), but they were in attribute number order.

You can't control the way the lines are ordered in the line tools, only in the attribute manager list.

And then they are not in groups, just by name or attribute number.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!