BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Source Drawings - where best to locate if saving the PLN out

rob2218
Enthusiast
so...here's my question:
Q. where best do I save the "source drawings" archicad 18 is referencing if I'm working from home on a PLN file?
meaning - I copy the PLN from office to home and from home to office. The architect I'm assisting is NOT on a Teamwork setup yet. He just got Archicad 18 and I'm saving the PLN to a flash drive, then opening it up at home, then copying the PLN back to his server.

Thing is.....when I open the file, it's trying to reference the source files coming from his Z:Drive...and when I open that same PLN at home...it wont show the images....

What's the best solution to this?
Can I make the drawings "static" so they don't update?
I know that'll kill the inter-linkability but.......I need to see the "drawings" AC18 is referencing also in my PLN copy when working from home.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Set your flash drive up to be recognised as 'Z:' drive.
Then make sure the file are located on the flash drive with EXCATLY the same folder path as those on the server.
Archicad should then think they are the same files.

Otherwise you will have no choice other than to "Read From" and locate where the files are.
If they are all in separate folders you may have to do each one separately.

I generally just 'Skip' these files and they still appear in my plans but just don't update if they have been amended.
They should be good again when you open the file in the office.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
rob2218 wrote:
I know that'll kill the inter-linkability but.......I need to see the "drawings" AC18 is referencing also in my PLN copy when working from home.
If you set those drawings to store in the project file, from the computer where they originally came from, then you should be able to see them, but not update them obviously because the source file is on the other computer.

Cheers,
Link.
rob2218
Enthusiast
good one sir.....Link.
will give that one a shot too.
thank you sir.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23