Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Spot Elevation on a Slab below Floor Zero

pedrocollares
Enthusiast
Hi there,

I'm attempting to place a spot elevation marker on a Slab that came with an IFC hotlink.

Such slab is attached to the floor plan I'm viewing, but since it is at -0,10 level in relation to that floor plan, it isn't visible and won't show as an option to place a spot elevation.

The only way to apparently make it show is setting the view depth to include +1 floor below (Merely incuding a 0.20 bottom offset doesn't work), but I need to revert that everytime since it brings me additional problems. Do I need to re-configure view depth whenever I want to place such spot?

Am I able to prevent slabs from disappearing from a certain floor plan view when they go below that floor level? (Since they do belong to that floor, I thought they should've kept visible)

Thanks in advance
Architect / BIM Manager at IDEIA1 - www.ideia1.com.br
Archicad 26 / Windows 10 64
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
Check the home storey of the slab.
No matter what the height of the slab is, it will still show on the home storey.

Check also the 'Show On Storeys' options of the slab.
They can be set to show on the home storey only or any number of storeys above/below.
This way it can belong to a different storey but still show on others.

I don't think slabs react to the Floor Plan Cutting Plane, if that is what you are adjusting.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
Barry wrote:
Check also the 'Show On Storeys' options of the slab.
They can be set to show on the home storey only or any number of storeys above/below.
This way it can belong to a different storey but still show on others.
Can that be changed in the IFC import options? The last time I worked with an IFC file I imported in into a secondary file, exploded it, then hotlinked it in.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly
Lingwisyer wrote:
Can that be changed in the IFC import options? The last time I worked with an IFC file I imported in into a secondary file, exploded it, then hotlinked it in.

I don't know.
I have never had the need to use IFC imports.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
pedrocollares
Enthusiast
Oh, I see what you mean, in fact, any slab I model in Archicad will show in the home storey no matter the height. But the same doesn't seem to happen with this hotlink.

As the image shows, I have slabs in the structure at the position marked in red, and in blue. At the red spot, the slab is at +0,00 level. At the blue one, at -0,10. (In relation to the storey). As the section shows:

Both belong to the same storey, but in the plan view the one which is below zero doesn't show. Is that how Archicad is supposed to behave?

(The hotlink of the structure mentioned came out of an IFC but was saved as MOD file due to some fix ups)
Architect / BIM Manager at IDEIA1 - www.ideia1.com.br
Archicad 26 / Windows 10 64
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you check your "Show down to" Floor Plan Cut Plane (FPCP) settings for the view?
Hope this helps
Podolsky
Ace
I recommend to open IFC as separate PLN file, that can be adjusted (graphical representation, home storey, textures, pens) there and after hotlinked into main file. That gives you more freedom to manage exported elements, also to easy replace if new revision IFC is coming.
Slab must be shown on the home storey in any case, even if it is below storey zero.
Barry Kelly
Does that lower slab have its cover fill turned on (and it is not an empty fill)?
Otherwise you will only see the slab perimeters.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27