BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Stacked zone name

Tom Krowka
Booster
Any way to stack zone names so two words would be one over the top of the other & centered? They would not be adjacent to each other. Seems like adjacent is the only way to do it. Version 24.

Thanks, Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Does the zone stamp you are using have the option to adjust the number of characters per line or maybe the width of the text box?

In some cases you can add \n (carriage return) to the text and it will split it.
I just tried with the zone name and it locked my computer and said I didn't have enough memory.
It may not work with zone names (I know it does with other text in GDL objects).
I think my PC needs some maintenance.
So save first before you try this.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Tom Krowka
Booster
Am using the 02 24 zone stamp standard with AC. Don't see anyplace to adjust # of characters or width of text box. Also....what is \n carriage return. I can't get any response from AC trying any number of combinations with that phrase. At least it didn't freeze up. Room abbreviations will have to suffice unless any other ideas pop up.
Thanks Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Barry Kelly
Does this setting help?

I still use an old zone stamp that allows the number of characters to be set rather than an actual width.

I just tested in 24 and \n does work, but the rest of the stamp will not recognise the new line.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!