Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Stair Display UP/DN Text

EH21
Booster
Using the stair tool, I am trying to show hidden/above lines as being dashed. However, I do not want it to show the down ("DN") text or the riser numbers on the hidden half of the stairs (it should show lines only). It seems that if I turn off these feature, they don't display on the next story up. At minimum, I would like for it to not show the DN text. Is there a way to do this, or is this a shortcoming of the stair tool?
ArchiCAD: AC26, Version 4024 USA Full (Apple Silicon)
Computer: 2022 Apple M1 Max, 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64 GB memory
14 REPLIES 14
This way it works.
[The stair is placed on its bottom story, and set to display “Home & One Story Up”. Anything below or above, in the unlikely case it is needed, shalt 2D be.]

Interestingly it looks like they blew away some of the Up-Down text functionality in AC25!?  See attached screenshots.  What a BUMMER!!

16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005

Chris,

In your first screenshot, the "Show On" field is set to "Home & One Story Up". Both of these Stories are "Relevant Stories" because the 3D geometry of the Stair goes through these Stories.

In the "Up / Down Text" page, the "Show above Relevant Stories" and "Show below Relevant Stories" options appear only when they are relevant.

For example, if you set your "Show On" field to "All Relevant & One Story Up" option, and your Project has a Story above the Top Relevant Story of the Stair (e.g., the Stair goes from Story 0 to Story 1 and your Project has a Story 2), then the "Show above Relevant Stories" options will appear on the "Up / Down Text" page because they make sense and you can set them.

I hope this explanation makes sense.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Thanks Laszlo...  I understand now.  Unfortunately that doens't really help solve the problem of having the "down" text only show on the upper level, while the "up" text appears on only appears on the lower level.  That got the walking line to work... maybe the text representation will be next?

16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Can you show a screenshot of exactly what results you wish to achieve on both Stories? Then we will see if there is a solution.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27