BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Stair - Up & Down Text

amitchristian
Booster

Review attached reference image for sample staircase going from Ground floor to first floor (just going one story up). 

How to remove Down text from bottom story plan and remove Up text from top story plan, for this same stair, per attached image.

Because as per stair settings if we remove Down text then first floor plan will not show text where it should be visible and we remove Up text then Ground floor plan will not show Up text, where up text should be visible.

Stair Up-Dn Text.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Yes, it seems that the Library Part that generates the Up and Down text is not scripted in a way to allow you to do that. I believe it would be possible to do by modifying the script of the default Library Part (U-Down Text 25) so that you can set the visibility/position of the Up and Down texts not only for Relevant Stories and Above Relevant Stories, but its should also allow you to set them separately for Bottom Relevant Story, Middle Relevant Story(ies) and Top Relevant Story, since in this instance the Ground Story is the Stair's Bottom Relevant Story, while Story 1 is the Stair's Top Relevant Story.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Barry Kelly

You should be able to do it with the standard up/down text object.

Do these settings help?

BarryKelly_0-1655083071301.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry,

In our project we have stairs at 100mm offset from story level. As soon as we add offset to stair bottom & top story, Up/Down Text stops showing "Show Above Relevant Stories" options, which you have highlighted in your screenshot above.

Hopping may be we can have this feature also working with stair offset condition in next Archicad version. 

Thanks Laszlo

you are suggesting, "modifying the script of the default Library Part (U-Down Text 25)". Can  you please also guide on how to modify script. If you can share any link from where i can learn.

Yes that is a problem.

Because you have raised it 100mm, it is no longer set to show on the storey above.

It is on the storey above so shows as 'relevant' to that storey.

The relevant bottom, middle and top all need their own settings I think for this to work properly.

They can't all share the same relevant settings.

BarryKelly_0-1655114695580.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!