Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Stair cover fill

Bruce
Expert
I'm trying to figure out how to display a cover fill on a stair to represent the finish, just as I would with a slab etc.

WIth a slab, you can use the fill of the surface, so if the surface / building material changes, the fill changes too. I can't find a similar setting with the stairs...you are stuck with selecting a fill independently to the building material / surface.

Previously, I would model a completely separate stair to represent the finish, placing it on it's own layer - but with the new stair tool, I thought there might be a more intelligent way to do it.

Am I missing something?
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with your need. I usually use 2D fill instead of stair finish.
Barry Kelly
I guess the problem with the new stairs is they are just a symbolic line representation in plan because you have the visible and hidden portions with the break line in between.
That is why you have the fill settings in the grid display settings.

It could get a bit tricky to use the tread material as there sometimes will be no tread finish and potentially each tread cold be a different material or even a custom tread with many finishes.
This might get even trickier around the break line if there are different materials.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Bruce
Expert
Could be...but aren't all cover fills just symbolic representations? I reckon the smart people at Graphisoft could easily bring this in line with cover fills for other tools - even if every tread is different (hint hint).
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi All,

Thank you for requesting this feature, and for your active participation on the forums.

I am happy to say that we have added this into our Wish database.
As reference, the Wish number is 12518

Thank you all for sharing your ideas with us, and thank you all who voted.

[Stay Active. Stay Awesome ]
Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com