BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Stair disappears on Layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried adjusting the model view options and the stair properties but my stairs seem to be visible in model space and disappear when I place the drawing in a layout. Thanks in advance!

I am working in AC22.0.0 Build 6001
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
The view that you have placed on the layout has the MVO, Graphic Overrides, Layer Combination, Renovation Filter and other options saved with it in the view settings.
These settings may be different to the plan view that you have open.

Select the drawing on the layout, right mouse click and choose 'Open Source View'.
This will open the plan with the same settings as in the view settings.
If the stair is not there then you need to adjust the settings saved with the vie.
I would be guessing layer combination or renovation filter.

If the source opens and the stair is showing then I will have to think about it some more as I can't imagine what it would be.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the advice, Barry! I tried that, but the stairs showed up in the model view.

I'm wondering if it may just be a bug that will resolve with the newest update?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds very odd indeed.

You could maybe double check that none of the view settings (layers, model view options, renovation filters, etc.) have "Missing" as their status. That could maybe cause some confusion.
Anonymous
Not applicable
bperez wrote:
Thanks for the advice, Barry! I tried that, but the stairs showed up in the model view.

I'm wondering if it may just be a bug that will resolve with the newest update?
Sometimes AC22 have some bugs with the renovation filters. Try to change the renovation status of the stair and put it back in the correct one
svpribyl
Booster
Gianluca wrote:
Sometimes AC22 have some bugs with the renovation filters. Try to change the renovation status of the stair and put it back in the correct one
I was having the same issue in v23. This solved it for me. Thanks!
Steve Pribyl
MAC OSX 13.6.3
ArchiCAD 27
Learn and get certified!