Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Stair display help request

Rick Thompson
Expert

I am just now learning the stair tool. I really like it, but I have 2 issues I have not  been able to resolve.  

In the screen shot you can see the dashed tread nosing does not go across the treat .. just on the edge.  It doesn't matter what line type I try.  "Jagged" starts at a 45 but does not go all the way across... just the edge.  I do have the stringer below offset 2".. so???  So it actually stops at the inside edge of the stringer.. 3 1/2".. so.. a bug?  HA... I moved the stringer over 8" and the line followed.. so.. a bug... surly.  Hummm...

Also, I can't relocate the riser count numbering.  It's set at 100, but 1 doesn't help.  It's under the railing, so useless.  

Well, 3 issues ... the break line of the rail is opposite the stair break line.  It's set to "use break make of associated stair".  

Thank you

Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
3 REPLIES 3

The stair tool's 2D representation is extremely difficult to tailor to suit your needs. Some items I simply cannot turn off or remedy at all. Now I hide the Stair layer on my plans and just draft what I want the stairs to look like.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System

You should be able to match the break line angle with a negative symbol.

I am still on v24 and can not reproduce the issue so I'm guessing it's v25 bugs

The stair and railing tools are hard to master but once you do it's pretty easy to make things happen.

I also use railings for soffit and fascia, and gutters and downspouts, makes nice since it links to the nodes.

But give the stairs a fair chance as they are very powerful

@Rick Thompson , for numbering I set the parameters like this:

Relative position on trade % = 85
Offset from tread = 0.10

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB