Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Stairs missing check box for description showing

gotphish001
Enthusiast

This one is driving me bonkers. I have a 3 story building with a stair tower. I modeled all the stairs as individual parts. Basement stair up to landing, basement landing up to first floor, first floor up to a landing, first floor landing up to second floor. So I have 6 sets of stairs. I left out the landings and drew them as slabs as it's faster and works easier.

The problem is one stair shows the description text on both floors. Other stairs have a check box to shut that off on every thing but home story. All the stairs were made by eye dropping the first stair I made. The one stair just refuses to get the check box. I've copied a stair that has the check box and just changed it's floor anchor and it's elevation to match the stair that doesn't have the setting. The new stair has the setting right up until I move it in place. What??? I want the description to show on the home story but not on the story above as that makes it over top of the stair description for that story. All the stairs work, but one even if I make it literally the same stair as a working one.

no check box.PNG

with check box.PNG

  

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey
Autodesk Expert Elite
Archicad 26 Solo USA
https://farkasassociates.com/
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

So you basically want to show description on home story but not on the one above. 

I'm not sure this can easily be done seeing as the only control of description besides on/off for all relevant stories is if it should be shown on stories that are above/below the top/bottom relevant story.

I guess your best bet to get what you want is to turn off description on the the stair (or all) and instead use the stair description label instead. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

The check box is conditional on the layout being shown on a story above the the relevant top story. The stair in your first screen shot is not shown on a story above the relevant top story - thus no check box.

Sounds like you have wrong settings for Floor Plan Display. A screenshot of that for the problematic stair and maybe a section would make it easier to understand the situation.

Yeah all that sounds logical except it's literally the same stair that I mirrored. Both stairs are fulling on the basement level ( I thought the broken one stuck up past the 1st floor a little tiny bit but it does not). Both stairs have exactly the same settings. It's a U shaped stair that I just modeled as 2 separate flights and a slab landing. I made the first set up to landing, mirrored it, raised it up and changed the number of risers/total height. Besides those things no other settings are different. I'm positive because it's a mirrored copy and I also opened 2 archicads, so I could manually compare both stair settings at the same time as a troubleshooting idea.

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey
Autodesk Expert Elite
Archicad 26 Solo USA

I couldn't edit my post. I was wrong as I was looking at the second stair tower in the building as I was typing my last reply. The stair that doesn't have the check box is sticking into the first floor by one or two risers. I believe that is the problem, but know no fix.

Capture3.PNGno check box.PNGwith check box.PNG
Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey
Autodesk Expert Elite
Archicad 26 Solo USA
Solution

So you basically want to show description on home story but not on the one above. 

I'm not sure this can easily be done seeing as the only control of description besides on/off for all relevant stories is if it should be shown on stories that are above/below the top/bottom relevant story.

I guess your best bet to get what you want is to turn off description on the the stair (or all) and instead use the stair description label instead. 

Thanks for the attempt. The label will be an ok solution. I thought I was going crazy trying to fix this. Split stories are always a nightmare of tiny issues like this. 

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey
Autodesk Expert Elite
Archicad 26 Solo USA