BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Stange behaviour when mirroring Line / Polyline elements of Symbol Type

When doing mirror with Line / Polyline elements and using Symbol line type that is not symmetrical along its reference line strange behavior of line representation happens.

Horizontal portions of lines gets upside down, with horizontal sections of lines nothing happens while they should be mirrored. I understand that behind scenes AC just mirroring line with its reference line and direction of line changes, but in this case result of such operation is not works as it should be.

AlgimantasKuprenas_0-1654580059549.png

GRAPHISOFT BIM Manager Training Week attendee
ArchiCAD v9 - v26 INT / NOR (5002)
cpu i5-12600K @ 5.0Ghz, ram 32GB, gpu 1060 GTX
ssd NVMe, Windows 11
ArchiCAD Discord channel: https://discord.gg/QdWxSJ33

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

The horizontal line goes up side down because you are effectively changing the direction it is drawn when you mirror it.

You have drawn the original from left to right.

When you mirror this with a vertical mirror it is now being drawn right to left - hence the line flips upside down.

Whereas the vertical lines are drawn top to bottom or bottom to top, they remain the same when mirrored.

Because they are still drawn in the same direction, top to bottom or bottom to top they don't flip.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry,

I understand how it works in Archicad, but this mirror function gives undesirable result to Line/Polyline Symbol elements. Maybe mirror function should be adjusted when doing mirror to Line / Polyline elements that direction line should not included in Mirror function ?

GRAPHISOFT BIM Manager Training Week attendee
ArchiCAD v9 - v26 INT / NOR (5002)
cpu i5-12600K @ 5.0Ghz, ram 32GB, gpu 1060 GTX
ssd NVMe, Windows 11
ArchiCAD Discord channel: https://discord.gg/QdWxSJ33

Learn and get certified!