BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Story Level Clash in Elevations/Sections

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi people,

does anyone have a solution to fixing the problem of overlapping Story Levels in Elevations and Sections? See attached image.

Thanks,

Mike
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
i wish.. iv been wanting this for ages... i end up removing the labels and just leaving the levels. or make the text smaller but the guys on site didn't like that. you should be able to stretch or stager them
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did come across a work around:

Turn off one of the conflicting story markers in the story settings.

Use the library part 'ManualStoryMarkerAus 13' for the story level that you just turned off. This library part allows you to stagger etc, exactly what should be doable with the built in story markers.

(With the 'Aus' in the title of the library part, I hope that this is not limited to just Australia, can anyone confirm this?)

Of course you, and anyone else working working on the file, will need to remember that this work around is in place, and that it will need to be adjusted manually if the projects story levels change.

Mike
Anonymous
Not applicable
AHHH I need this option too!! I think the manual one is just in Australia. I can use a line with the elevation marker at the end of it - but as you mentioned, it risks getting moved on accident. This is so simple - come on Archicad!
Brett Brown
Advocate
Check out Master Scripts website for two objects that solve this and better, especially section marker heads on views
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Learn and get certified!