Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Strange Black Line prints on all layouts

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been creating a template from the commercial template and thus modified it.

I am running into an issue regarding my layouts as a strange black line keeps on printing and showing up in pdfs always at the bottom left side of a landscape oriented layout.

How can I remove it?

Screen Shot 2015-01-05 at 8.23.24 PM.png
15 REPLIES 15
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Also if you could upload a .pla of just an empty new project to www.wetransfer.com (or similar), maybe someone can have a look if it occurs on their machine or find what causes it. Or send it to the local reseller to have Graphisoft have a look.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
Also if you could upload a .pla of just an empty new project to www.wetransfer.com (or similar), maybe someone can have a look if it occurs on their machine or find what causes it. Or send it to the local reseller to have Graphisoft have a look.
I sent this 'bug' to Graphisoft and I think someone might be looking into this. Once I hear back, I will post any resolutions to this strange 3/4" Line.

Thanks,

Vincent B.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I get this too, please post the solution when you get it.
Ransom Ratcliff
Enthusiast
Tech Support is looking into this, but in the meantime, here are some things I am finding:

It is in the Master Layouts, but is not any element drawn in the master, so it is not a template mistake.
It occurs in new blank masters and layouts based on them, for Mac and Windows.
It does not occur in AC17 for Mac or Windows.
No difference between "Save as PDF" or create PDF from Print dialog, or Plot to file (PLT) So, I don't think it is printer driver issue.
It is a line 1/64" long, located 1/64" above the bottom margin. So if the margin is set to 0.00, you may not get it on paper output if the printer is not full-bleed, but it will show up in a PLT or PDF.

We may need to wait for a new build number (hotfix) to fix this properly.
Ransom Ratcliff
RATCLIFF CONSULTING LLC
Charrette Venture Group
ArchiCAD 4.55 - 26
Autodesk Certified Professional in Revit
macOS + Windows
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the update Ransom.
Glad to hear it is being looked at.

Warm Regards,

Vincent
Yanni
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
I was just informed that our developers identified the bug and they are working on it. It looks like it will be fixed with the upcoming ArchiCAD 18 hotfix #2.
Thank you all for your input and the feedback. We appreciate so much your support.
Yanni Alexakis, CSI, Intl. Assoc. AIA
Product Manager
GRAPHISOFT North America