Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Strange wall lines on publishing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,
I've got a strange issue with my project: every wall has good intersection and don't have any line out of place while modeling. But as you can see in the image, when I publish any PDF there's some strange line between them.
I suppose it's generated by the "Clean intersection" but I don't know how to fix it.
I've tried with different color palette but it doesn't make any difference.
Thank you in advance to anyone will reply or help me

Line Error View

Clean wall and beam Intersection disabled

Drawings with clean wall active

3 REPLIES 3
Hello f.scappiti,

I'm able to see this kind of mistakes on retina screens but not others
I use to see this kind of mistakes but I never see it after printing.
Did you try to print it ?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi all,

Thank you for the question!

From my knowledge, this is a common issue with Anti-Aliasing in PDF readers. What you are seeing here is an "On Screen Display Only" thing and those line are the connections between the 2 fills of each wall skin.

What is happening is that the pixels on the screen are "Anti-Aliased" which means the pixels will try to smoothen the lines' sharpness by averaging the colors displayed on the pixels around it resulting in a smoother line. This is a technique used for displaying non-orthogonal lines and curved lines as smooth lines as opposed to displaying them as jagged and pixelated lines. With the Anti-Alaising technique, the pixels around the line will attempt to average the colors around resulting in this grey-ish line appearing.

If the Anti-Aliasing is switched off, these lines will not show, however, it depends on each reader. Please note that this is only an On Screen Display thing and, if you print the PDF out, the lines will not show.

I hope this answers your question! Should you have any further issue, feel free to ask me again!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much for reply!

I can confirm that this lines wont be visible on print from my experience