BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Structural frame interfering with architectural plan - Structure not showing properly in elevation.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

I was wondering if somebody could help me with these two issues. I will give a brief background first.

I'm undertaking the full BIM modelling of a prefabricated units to be later used in larger developments. Architectural, Structural, Services/MEP, not something I have had to do in Archicad before.

The issues I am having, (I'm assuming they are on in the same) is that with my architectural plan, which has a layer combination set up in order not to show any structural framing, however any location where structural framing is located is shown in white. Creating gaps in line work etc. See image below
Why is this happening, and is there any way of stopping this?

The second issue is similar. In the elevations most structural elements do not seem to be showing. Again, I've done the same as before setting up a layer combination to not show the architectural elements this time (composite walls) yet a lot seems to be missing. The second image uploaded is an example of what is happening, and the third image is how I would like it to display.
I've looked at renovation filters, overrides and can't seem to figure this out.

A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
Have a look at the Intersection Priority Numbers of your layers.
Even is a layer is hidden, if it has the same IP number as another layer then elements will interact with each other (i.e. walls will trim other intersecting walls) resulting in the gaps you are seeing in plan.

The IP number is stored in the layer combination, so be sure to set them for each combination.
If you have any layer combinations where they should interact, then make sure the layers have the same number.
In the combinations where they should not interact, then the layers need different numbers.

Setting a layers IP number to 0 (zero) will mean even walls in the same layer will not intersect.

This may also be the solution for your elevations.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly
Have a look at the Intersection Priority Numbers of your layers.
Even is a layer is hidden, if it has the same IP number as another layer then elements will interact with each other (i.e. walls will trim other intersecting walls) resulting in the gaps you are seeing in plan.

The IP number is stored in the layer combination, so be sure to set them for each combination.
If you have any layer combinations where they should interact, then make sure the layers have the same number.
In the combinations where they should not interact, then the layers need different numbers.

Setting a layers IP number to 0 (zero) will mean even walls in the same layer will not intersect.

This may also be the solution for your elevations.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks mate. That's sorted it.
Learn and get certified!