BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Sugestions to make a good project with AC8

Not applicable
What is better to do? all the project on one level. or the project on separate levels. and the other question is to make the terrain (site) what is first create on archicad then convert to architerra? or just go direct with architerra?

Notes: on the site there is a river down the building
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
I started the project all on the same level, I hope this is the right way to work with this kind project.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume by level you mean what we call "Story" in the US/English version. The only rule about what to put on which story is what you want to show in each plan view. From the looks of your building (I assume that you are in the massing study phase) that you will have a bit of a challenge in this regard.

You may find it easiest to start work as you have with every thing on the same level and only move parts to their respective stories as you decide how you want your plans to display. To make this simpler I would suggest that you place all your stories at the same elevation (zero floor to floor height in the story settings dialog) so you don't have to keep fixing the elevations as you cut and paste between them.

This of course means that you won't have the local story elevation to help you when placing elements such as walls and plumbing. The gravity setting can help with this, or you could add the correct floor to floor heights once you have things pretty well sorted out and just fix the relative elevations all at once.

Good luck. It looks like you have a fun project.
Djordje
Ace
Matthew wrote:
I assume by level you mean what we call "Story" in the US/English version. The only rule about what to put on which story is what you want to show in each plan view. From the looks of your building (I assume that you are in the massing study phase) that you will have a bit of a challenge in this regard.
However, later you will have to divide by stories ... I just tried to reverse the process that we discuss in other topic at http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=2654 and create elements at different elevations, and add stories later - well, that does not work.

So, even in massing, create stories FIRST. The elements (if you work in 3D) will go to appropriate stories depending on their elevation. Massing IMHO is best done in the 3D anyway.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Not applicable
That´s right, Mattew I´m a little confused trying to translate the correct words from AC spanish to AC english. On Art.lantis 4.5 there is an option on preferences to change the language, there is a list that you can choose for your needs. Hopping Graphisoft build it on next version for AC. For this project I had a short time to make the correct decision, so I began the project all in the same story, there was no problem for that in that moment. My big problem was that I have to make a trick with the windows that has angle starting from (0 to 22 angle for example.) I made the glass of the window with walls more thicker. I wasted about 8 hrs. Then I have the great idea to make this windows an object, but it was too late for that. Placing billboards it was a little harder, to introduce with the cammera inside the project, because (artlantis doesn´t have the precision of archicad placing the cammera with numbers of height on definition of perspective). However, I hope to take time to organize on the next projects. I appreciate your wise commentaries for both of you. Djordje

Thanks
Not applicable
I wiil like to add this photomontage,
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had problems similar to your's. I use to create one story (level), for each horizontal slab, and I name it as it hight. This way, I didn't have to worry about the gravity of my wall and objects, and I had an organized project. It's easier to control the hight's of the stories.
The bad part is to place the floor plan PMK's, at the same place on the LAY file.
Anonymous
Not applicable
bgrasselli wrote:
I had problems similar to your's. I use to create one story (level), for each horizontal slab, and I name it as it hight. This way, I didn't have to worry about the gravity of my wall and objects, and I had an organized project. It's easier to control the hight's of the stories.
The bad part is to place the floor plan PMK's, at the same place on the LAY file.
Are you aware that you can place Hotspots in AC that can be used to place/align your drawings in PM? I place hot in the same location on all stories and S/E and can quickly and accurately align or stack drawings on top of each other when necessary. Hotspots don't print.
Learn and get certified!