Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Sun Study Yellow Glow

Lingwisyer
Guru
Hi all,

Is there a way to do a Sun Study without the glow off the building side facing the sun? A grey scale video where it looks like you have yellow flood lights pointing out of your buildings...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
8 REPLIES 8
PVBergkrantz
Expert
Adjust the reflection on the material you use for the facade, and maybe change the color of the sun in the render settings.
| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |

Lingwisyer
Guru
It is a white model rendered as monochrome so I did not think the material made any difference. Turned off reflections anyway to no difference.

Can you change the colour of the sun in CineRender? Sky colour warmth?

Ling.

PVBergkrantz
Expert
Depending on your settings there are different ways to adjust it. One is the date and time for the sun, afternoon or morning suns can be very yellowish, so changing the time of the render might work. Or under Environment>Sun you can chose to use custom colors and set the color of the sun whatever you want. If you are using physical render you can also adjust the white balance, under Physical render>Physical camera>Camera white balance, a lower value = bluer image.

Try some of that or post an image of your yellow picture for further investigation.

Lingwisyer
Guru
It is not a yellow cast across the render caused by the white balance setting, nor the colour of the rising or setting sun as it is limit to the the edge of buildings on the sunward side.

Ling.

PVBergkrantz
Expert
Can you post the file? The picture is pretty small and difficult to say much about, but it looks to me like yellow light from a yellow sun (or sky depending on your settings) is being reflected onto the ground.

Are you using global illumination?

Barry Kelly
It looks more like light shining from the inside through an opening.
There is quite a hard angle to the yellow on the right hand side.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
It is rendered with the "White Model" effect preserving only the Alpha channel. Is there a way to make it not reflective?

GI is used.

Ling.

PVBergkrantz
Expert
I did some tests on a similar building as you have, and my best guess is that it is the light reflecting off the walls onto the ground, because of the GI. I tried making non-reflective materials, turning off the reflections in the rendering but the GI still made some reflections, not putting a mirror-effect on the material itself but making the area in front of the walls lighter. After all this is what GI is, using reflections of light to more accurately light the scene. Try fiddling with the GI settings to make it less pronounced, or turning it off completely if you want. The effect is most pronounced when the light hits the wall from a very low angle, and in a sun study this is when it would be the most red/yellow as well.

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!