Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Sun shadows affecting section cut fills

Anonymous
Not applicable
My version is Archicad 18 64x on windows 10.

I am trying to edit a section on a layout sheet using a fill placed over part of it. However the black in the fill does not match the black of the section drawing.
I have sun vectorial shadows turned off. I want a clear black and white line drawing with the cut into the site filled with pure black.

I have managed to fill with Ivory Black paint surface currently, but the position of the sun within the section settings is affecting the 'blackness' of the fill colour, resulting in the mismatch on the layout sheet.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay I may have found a solution. It seems however that it is the long way round...

Rather than use a uniform fill for the cut surfaces, I have changed it to cut fill - as in settings.

As a result the brick surface showed the cut fill as long lines diagonally through the cut. To change this I used Options> Element Attributes> Building Materials> Brick, and changed the fill type to foreground - entirely black.

This seems like a workaround rather than a simple solution as I feel archicad should not incorporate fully, without option, sun effects into the 2D documents. Not everyone wants a document affected by a sun environment.

Thanks again for any future enlightenments on this topic, I think it could do with being reviewed and solved - a quicker, less invasive solution.