Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Surface Fill In Shadows In Elevation Views

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I make surface fill appear under a shadow in elevation views? See attached image. For some reason the stucco fill appears under shadows but the siding and stone (under handrail shadow) are not visible.

ARCHICAD-SURFACE-FILL-IN-SHADOW.png
5 REPLIES 5
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Try setting the fill to a 30 or 40% instead of solid.
( See attached )

Cheers,
Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 12.03.54 PM.png
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gerald wrote:
Try setting the fill to a 30 or 40% instead of solid.
( See attached )

Cheers,
Thanks for response, I tried all of the levels, even TRANSPARENT with no change in render. I'm wondering if there is something else controlling this. How is it that the EIFS fill is working as expected on the same render, but the others do not? I even tried to change the insertion priority on the siding wall building material to match the EIFS wall. I also compared the fills used, can't figure out how one differs from the other.
Are you printing from ARchiCAD or publishing PDFs and printing from those?

These can be variables with respect to output. As an example, I print everything from PDFs that are sent out to a service for output. I use a Mac and have noted that Acrobat Reader prints drawings different than Apple's Preview app. On drawings with lots of fills (for shadows, etc.) Preview doesn't cut it.

Recently, I spent a day and a half thinking there was something wrong with my section and elevation settings only to discover that the output device and the ways and means of sending a print job to them have to be considered as part of the publishing process.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
fhedberg
Contributor
Try changing the vectorial fill setting for your surface material as per image below....seems to do the trick for us.
Capture.JPG
W11 Home | ArchiCAD 27 3001 AUS FULL
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
We use a diagonal lines fill for shadows, that works with this.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5