BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Surface tags for Doors and Windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

I'm trying to set up a project where all the material / finish tags in elevation read directly from the surface name of the tagged element. The surface label tool does the job for walls but unfortunately doesn't work on doors or windows. Not sure why.

Are there any workarounds for this? I considered using an Identification and Property label but can't seem to find a Property Value for surface.

Any help appreciated
3 REPLIES 3
Hello,

Did you try to use custom text or a custom ID into doors or windows quotation mark ?
It might be easier with AC20, 21, 22 or 23 by custom properties and labels for example
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Christophe,

This is possible, but I would like it to read directly from the surface name. This way if the surface is updated, all the tags for that surface will be updated automatically and there is less room for error
Hello,

A 3D document has the following information to determine before it is created:
The date
Time
Georeferencing
Northern orientation

If you change one of them I think you have to create a new 3D document
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Learn and get certified!