Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

TV custom picture in screen

rob2218
Enthusiast
How to do this?
it's been talked about. I looked up the threads....yet...neither the tutorial nor the threads will show me how to change the object TV image to a custom JPG?
I've tried to select a JPG to "add" to the embedded library.
Have tried to follow all the notes on here but to no avail.
Also...the files were are trying to show that TV custom photo is a TW file with hotlinks.....if that helps any with the library responses.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
15 REPLIES 15
Karl Ottenstein
Same as with the custom picture and other similar objects. You have to add the image (jpg, png, etc) to your library, as you noted... embedded is the logical place.

Then you need to use settings similar to the attached... notice that the file name must be typed exactly including the extension. There is no drop-down list. If you type the name wrong, nothing shows up.

In my test, I found that the image for a png at least (presumably same for all) is mirrored on the plasma TV object. So, if it matters (e.g., CNN image with text), then you'll need to pre-mirror it in a photo editor so that it shows readably on the TV screen.

Image shows in OpenGL and photo render.
Screen Shot 2014-07-18 at 9.42.09 PM.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rob2218
Enthusiast
curious....wondering if the image would show up after you output a BIMx file?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Karl Ottenstein
rob2218 wrote:
curious....wondering if the image would show up after you output a BIMx file?
Haven't tested... but it should. BIMx should take any textures visible in OpenGL.
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rob2218
Enthusiast
by the way....still can't get the image to show up.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Karl Ottenstein
rob2218 wrote:
by the way....still can't get the image to show up.
Both checkboxes as in my screenshot... and for sure the file name is exactly the same as the one loaded to your embedded library? Be sure to check that the possibly-hidden extension (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, etc) is spelled exactly as you type it in the dialog.
rob2218
Enthusiast
ok...will check....again.
should the image (picture) show up once it's in the TV or do I have to do a render or BImx out?
I'm assuming it "should" show up IN the TV object once it works properly.....right?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
K....have checked ALL the parameters you have indicated....and "still" no dice. No TV custom image is showing up........what a bumski. I know the client would've freaked to see their own home in the BIMx model of their own house.........bummer.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
So...I said to meseff....lemme see if the actual PLASMA TV object is what's the prob....SHO NUFF....it was.
notice the old styled garbage tv on the right...it indeed does contain the image....yet the new, modern nicer PLASMA TV does NOT!...GS...what gives?
TV-image.png
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Karl Ottenstein
Mystery since the object I tested was that same plasma TV... but I used the default settings and you turned off the stand, etc.... maybe there is some bug linked to those other parameters...