BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Tags & Categories -I'm confused- All object info is the same

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think this has to do with my template or setup, or I'm confused - or both!
I've just recently started to pay attention to the tags & categories section of objects as we are starting to use BIMx and see the need of proper naming, classification and object properties. One thing I noticed - all info for standard ACad objects is the same? Please see screenshots of two different objects, both standard ArchiCAD objects, one is a toilet, the other one furniture, yet the naming, classification and IFC properties for both are the same! Why? Shouldn't they have their own individual info?

Thx in advance for any help and or clarification on this issue.

Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 11.45.19 AM copy copy.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I should note that it is not template related. Tried this in the default residential template and same thing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marc,
You need to enter this information for each object.
Favourites can store this IFC info, so you can setup your template favourites with the info you wish to have attached to each object already setup.
Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I see this BIMx options in my objects? I don't have those options in tag and categories.
Anonymous
Not applicable
sboydturner wrote:
Marc,
You need to enter this information for each object.
Favourites can store this IFC info, so you can setup your template favourites with the info you wish to have attached to each object already setup.
Scott
Scott;
So you're saying that when I create new objects, I cannot save the IFC info with the object in my library, it has to be saved as a favorite in the template?

Thx,
Marc
Learn and get certified!