BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Teamwork + modules controlled by ArchiCAD layer = OK?

I am thinking of hotlinking the classroom furniture layouts in a repetitive classroom building and using the ArchiCAD layer as a control layer for the furniture layout modules. Without Teamwork using the ArchiCAD layer as the control layer for your modules has the advantage that you can never inadvertently hide the hotlink (never will need to in this case), and you don't need to modify the layer combinations to show the ad-hoc control layer, but I was wondering if that would be a problem if the project needs to get Teamworked.

Working Solo I've had Hotlink Manager not update a hotlink because the control layer was locked, and neither tell that it was not updating nor warn that you needed to unlock the layer if you wanted to update. So I was wondering if there can be anything related to that when the workspace is not taking the ArchiCAD layer. I will make a test anyway I guess, but thought somebody must have thought through this before.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have also used the ArchiCAD layer on solo projects as you describe (and for the same reasons).

I have not used it this way in teamwork projects since the ArchiCAD layer is kind of a special case and it seems that it could lead to problems. But since the ArchiCAD layer is signed into like all the others, it might work just fine. It's probably worth a try. It can always be changed later if there is a problem.
Matthew wrote:
It's probably worth a try. It can always be changed later if there is a problem.
Err I hope I have not been missing something very basic here: you can't change the control layer for a module once it's inserted, right?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ignacio wrote:
Matthew wrote:
It's probably worth a try. It can always be changed later if there is a problem.
Err I hope I have not been missing something very basic here: you can't change the control layer for a module once it's inserted, right?
You can change it in the Module Settings dialog.
Module Settings.jpg
Matthew wrote:
Ignacio wrote:
You can change it in the Module Settings dialog.

omg, I had forgotten about that menu item and window long ago

Thanks.

[Those changing menus.]
Anonymous
Not applicable
how do you get to the Module Settings dialogue box after inserting a module? Can’t seem to find a way.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hassanen

With module selected go to File> Modules and X-refs> Module settings...
Thomas Holm
Booster
This thread brings me back to a long-standing wish:
-The Hierarchical Layer Manager!
(Like in Microstation 10 years ago, or more)
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Rakela Raul
Participant
The Hierarchical Layer Manager!
(Like in Microstation 10 years ago, or more)
just that??
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Learn and get certified!