BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Text Editing

jss
Contributor

My husband uses Archicad 20. He double clicks the mouse to edit text without having to right click the mouse to get into the text to edit. Due to a disability he cannot right click the mouse so this double click option is important.  Today this option stopped working, and we do not know how / where to find that option to turn it back on.  Would appreciate any help.

Thank you, Jill

12 REPLIES 12

I have just checked this today, and I am sorry to say, but it does not seem to work. I could not find a key combination that would enter the Text Editor when a Text Block is selected.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

The OP was asking about double-clicking on selected text and editing. It was because their magnet/quick select button was turned off. It's been resolved and is working.
👍

However, regarding your method of hitting the enter key, if the text is selected and the cursor is "floating" above the selected text, hitting return or enter will make open the text editor.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Rex, you are right. The cursor floating above the selected Text element was the missing piece for me. My cursor was somewhere else and this is why pressing the ENTER key did not open the Text Editor.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!