Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Text Model/paper size

Bling Keeta
Newcomer
I wonder why dimensions and text labels do not have model/paper size options.
And how do I change the scale of drawings from Project to View map and not having to change the scales of dimension and label accordingly?
Ben Ling
B.L.LING ARCHITECT INC.
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
AC 20
4 REPLIES 4
felcunha
Expert
You can't. Nevertheless you can always change the scale of your view when it's inserted in your sheet.
That's what I do for example when I want to print reduced copies of my print sets.
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Bling Keeta
Newcomer
That seems a serious omission by Graphisoft. If they could do it for Text, why not dimension/label. It is a unnecessarily cumbersome procedure .

For example, I am now able to save a ¼" plan from Project to View Map and change the scale to 1". All text remains ok as it was set to Model Size, but I need to manually change the dimension text and label text from 8 to 24 Pt. Then isolate all dimensions at 1" scale to a different layer.
The other way is to work on all files at one single scale, and change it as required when in Layout.
Any other thoughts?
Ben Ling
B.L.LING ARCHITECT INC.
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
AC 20
Ben. ... and grid lines!
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Bling wrote:
That seems a serious omission by Graphisoft. If they could do it for Text, why not dimension/label. It is a unnecessarily cumbersome procedure .

For example, I am now able to save a ¼" plan from Project to View Map and change the scale to 1". All text remains ok as it was set to Model Size, but I need to manually change the dimension text and label text from 8 to 24 Pt. Then isolate all dimensions at 1" scale to a different layer.
The other way is to work on all files at one single scale, and change it as required when in Layout.
Any other thoughts?
My other thoughts are about wondering why you are trying to do this. In changing from 1/4" to 1" scale, are you actually WANTING to have huge dimensions? In what circumstance would this be appropriate? I guess I'm just not understanding this. Most people want 8 pt. dimension text to be 8 pt. high regardless of the scale you display it in the layout view.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10