Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Text Not Fully Displaying

ethanbodnar
Enthusiast

Having bunch of trouble lately with annnotation labels text not fully showing, depending on zooming in and out.

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 1.20.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-28 at 1.20.27 PM.png

I've been switching from a 4K LG display to an older non 4K display, seems to happen on both displays.

My settings seem good here, based on this article

https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-articles/High-Resolution-Display-Compatibility/ta-...

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 1.15.56 PM.png

7 REPLIES 7

I've always had this issue with text and lines at certain resolutions on 4k screens.

I actually stopped using them for these reasons.

But try adjusting your zoom or scale. Some settings work better than others. Both Mac and windows I suffered this.

Lingwisyer
Guru

Are you using display scaling? It has caused issues in the past... I do not use it and have never had any issues on 22 or 23.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear Ethan,

Thank you very much for the question!

Your description seems to be similar to what is described here: Text disappears in AC25 when zoom?

If that's the case, setting 2D Hardware Acceleration to Off can help with the issue.

Please let me know how it goes!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Thanks for the note. No, I'm not using display scaling, hmm

So unfourtunately this is the solution, but it makes Archicad as a whole unsusable. It madei t feel like I was running Archicad 25 on a Mac from the year 2000.

It fixes the text not rendering, but is impossible to use.

I'm opening a formal support request with Graphisoft Support, this can't be how we are expected to live our lives using this advanced software. 

Very sad and frustrating 😥

ethanbodnar
Enthusiast

Graphisoft support team is talking with technical folks in Budapest on Thursday, stay tuned.

ethanbodnar
Enthusiast

Hello? Would love to get some help on this super basic issue? Still occurring. Thank you!