Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Text disappears in AC25 when zoom?

Anders Juul DK
Contributor

Hi

After installing Archicad on our MAC, we've had a problem with the text partially disappearing as we zoom in and out of the drawing!

I have a Macbook Pro and 2 extra 27 "screens. It is only on the 2 extra screens that it appears.

And it has not been a problem on AC24 or other older versions!

Video: https://youtu.be/VM3EaVkY1Vg

/Anders

50 REPLIES 50
joelsdg
Enthusiast

Zona, 

I'm glad your issue seems to be fixed with release 4014, but I've had this issue through all three releases of AC25 I have installed, including 4014 and the Preview Release 5000.

I even did a complete wipe of the laptop and reinstalled everything from the OS on down, and the issue is still there.

Joel

AC 6.5-26; macOS Ventura; 2019 MacBook Pro 2.4gHz, i9

Hello,

The latest update for Archicad 25 can be found here

At the moment, 401x is the latest official update (4013 is for Archicad FULL, whereas 4014 is for Archicad Solo). We also have build 5000 as the Preview build - as such, Check for Updates function does not notify end-users about this update. Further information about the Preview update can be found here.

We are aware that many people are being affected by this issue. Due to its complexity and the update schedule, at the moment, the fix is being targeted for Update 4 (60xx) for Archicad 25. 

Thank you very much for your understanding and I am very sorry for the trouble that this defect is causing! Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Thank you, much appreciated!

joelsdg
Enthusiast

Just a quick note: Apple released MacOS 12.3.1 recently, and when I updated the OS my issue seems to be resolved.  This is a first impression, quickly tested, but it appears to have fixed my missing text issue at all zoom levels on AC 25.

I also installed the Archicad 25 5010 Hotfix that Graphisoft released earlier.

Did this resolve anyone else's problem?

Joel

After further use and experience, the result is unchanged.  There is still plenty of missing text inside of text blocks.

I really had my hopes up too high for a possible fix.

Oh well, waiting for the next fix from Graphisoft, I guess.

Joel

You had my hopes up @joelsdg.  Still, thanks for keeping this issue front and center.  It's really challenging to work with.  We need a fix.  

Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current

That's too bad....I guess we'll still have to wait.  Graphisoft better fix this asap.

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi All,

The fix for this issue is being developed. Meanwhile, may I ask if you use a display with resolution larger than 2K? If you have 4K or 5K display, I'm wondering if you lower the resolution to equal or less than 2K (looks like 2,048 x 1,080 pixels), will it help with the text issue while zooming?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

I have a BenQ 3420Q 2K WQHD monitor.  I have walked through various monitor settings and resolutions, etc., with a Graphisoft tech and nothing fixes the issue other than turning 2D hardware acceleration off.  Unfortunately this is not an acceptable solution.

Minh, 

I use an old Apple Thunderbolt Display. But I did change the settings to a lower resolution (2048 x 1152) for the day yesterday.  The short answer is, no.  The text issue was not resolved.  Similar to my previous excitement on the MacOS update, at first I thought maybe the issue was fixed because my perception was that the text was legible.  But after working with it for a few hours, I did see the same problems happening.

Joel