Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Text position of dimensions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I modified the default position of text (just like the right side of the pic) but sometime texts turn back to the default position of itself, anyone else have problem like this?
It's a big trouble when you really don't know when they return the default position and which one was changed except where i found.
Anyone has ideas about this case? thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
DGSketcher
Legend
I am finding there is some kind of rebuild of dimensions happening which results in dimension points being dropped, mostly associated with curtain walls. Unfortunately it is unpredictable. Your reformatting may be part of the same process.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi DGSketcher,
Thanks for your words, did you have any solution to solve this?
I think is should be considered as a bug.
DGSketcher
Legend
No new solution on my side. The problem with curtain wall nodes has already been reported. Your problem seems a bit more specific, you should report it to your support channel as a bug.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Nhan wrote:
I modified the default position of text (just like the right side of the pic) but sometime texts turn back to the default position of itself, anyone else have problem like this?
It's a big trouble when you really don't know when they return the default position and which one was changed except where i found.
Anyone has ideas about this case? thank you.
Hi Nhan,

Thanks for reaching out to us here!

I find your issue very weird and by default, something that should not happen! By design, dimensions should not revert, especially those for the walls, unless specifically done so by the command: Document -> Annotation -> Revert All Dimension Texts to Automatic Position

Also, editing the walls or selecting a different wall type should not revert the dimensions.

On the top of my head, I can only think of this being on a Teamwork basis and someone else is reverting the dimensions.
Can you please verify if this is really the case?

If not, would you be so kind to provide me the file - via PM - so I may test this with my colleagues and investigate the cause of this issue?

I'm eagerly awaiting your response, and I wish you a great day ahead of you.
Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com