Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Text size isn't changing with model and paper size settings

ngoldie
Participant
Hi,

I've drawn my model at 1:1 and scaled it in the layout at 1/8". No matter what text size I draw, it looks like it is scaling to the layout scale, not staying fixed. I have changed the setting of the text between model and paper size and it is always showing up the same....
i.e if I draw the text at 300mm it shows up as a normal size in the layout.

Your help is appreciated

Cheers
Naomi
Archicad 20
MacBook Pro - laptop
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
There is no need to scale anything in the layout.
Set the scale in the plan and model and annotate as you want.
Now save this as a view and place that view on the layout.

No matter what scale you set in Archicad, you will still be modelling true size (1:1) - it will just be displayed at a reduced scale.

If you add text as "Scale Independent (paper size)", then it will always remain the same printable size and will not change as you change the scale in Archicad - it looks like it does but it is actually the model changing scale and not the text.

If you add text as "Scale With Plan (model size)" then the text will always stay the same size in relation to your model - i.e. it will get bigger or smaller as you change scale.

I use separate layers for annotation at different scales and I use the "Scale Independent" size for text so I can be assured it will print at exactly the size I want it to be.
For different views at different scales I will change the text layer and add new annotation so it will be at the correct size and in the correct position for that scale.
So each view has its own scale and layer combination saved with it.
Then just place those views on the layout and crop - no need to try and resize them.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
P.S. I also moved the post as it is not a general discussion about Archicad.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11