BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Textures in rendering

Bob Moore
Enthusiast
I using the Light Works rendering engine to do a quick rendering of an existing office/warehouse that I'm adding entrance canopies. The brick that is further away appears as wavy material. Does any one know a fix. It is rendered at 1200 dpi.

Thanks
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

3.1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
A few things I would do, is increase your antialiasing to max. 1200 dpi for resolution is a bit much, stick to 200 or 240 dpi if you like. And the last thing I would try adjusting with caution, is to slightly increase the size of the texture, not too much though that the proportions will become obviously weird. Also, increasing the method to "best" might help?... can't be sure but worth trying out.

You could try rendering a bigger image too, maybe with a width of 1600 or 2000 pixels.
Bob Moore
Enthusiast
I have tried all of these except the antialiasing. I'll try it with the lower dpi tomorrow.

Thanks
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
Bob Moore
Enthusiast
I tried the antialiasing and dropping the dpi, there is a little bit if distoration but it is much better than before.

Thanks
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
Learn and get certified!