BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

The End is near

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got this today by e-mail... Some Horrid, some not too Horrid, but still bad...., wonder what's next

February 18, 2005

AAI HomePlans.com
AG & Associates, Inc.
5207 Rokefield Way
Norcross, Georgia 30092 – 1232
Tel: (770) 242-7809
Fax: (770) 242-0871
staff@aaihomeplans.com

RE: Architecture Rendering Outsourcing
Looking for Long-Term Cooperation

Dear Sir or Madam:

Thank you for reading this email. We are a professional architecture rendering company in China, with proven experience internationally. You may never heard us before, it is because before 2005 we only make house plans to middle men and through them sell to real buyers including houseplans.com. In 2004, for houseplans.com only we produced nearly 1,000 plans. We are experienced with any kinds of styles of plans with the fastest efficiency.

Since we are located at the bottom of the supply chain, we could produce a plan for you at the lowest price of $50USD without sacrificing the quality. Please take a minute of your valuable time to visit our web site (link provided below) to examine the quality of our work and then please contact us for more detail.

We guarantee the PREMIUM QUALITY of our product and service, the LOWEST PRICES in the industry and ON TIME DELIVERY.

We are looking for long term business relationship with you to become your rendering factory, so you can concentrate on the most important marketing endeavor. It will be a win-win relationship for both of us.

Thank you for your attention and I am looking forward to hearing from you very soon!

Yours sincerely

Mr. Bob Yang
CEO
Splendo Net Studio
http://www.china-out-sourcing.com/exterior.htm
Email: ceo@china-out-sourcing.com
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rashid wrote:
I got this today by e-mail... Some Horrid, some not too Horrid, but still bad...., wonder what's next

"...Since we are located at the bottom of the supply chain, we could produce a plan for you at the lowest price of $50USD without sacrificing the quality...
...We guarantee the PREMIUM QUALITY of our product and service, the LOWEST PRICES in the industry and ON TIME DELIVERY...."
OUCH! I'm not a big fan of trade barriers but this could be an industry killer.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Without sacrificing quality.

I am located in Arizona. I had a client a year or so ago who decided to have structural work for an 8,000 sq. ft residence done out of state to save a measly $500 on the job.

To date, it has cost him over $20,000 in errors in the field.

You get what you pay for.

Grant
Rick Thompson
Expert
In reference to the quality... they are renderings, not engineering, and they don't look bad to me... but not my style, so I'm not interested.

I know houseplans.com, they resale some of my plans. (in fact the bungalow on the index page is an AC rendering (Artlantis). I called the owner up, who is an Architect. He said they bought about 900 plans and had them do the renderings, but paid $100 each, not $50... and based on 900 of them. He said they were very professional and have actually sent more to them.

Ahhh.. the world economy... the global equalizer is upon us:)))
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Rick Thompson
Expert
I just got this email from the person who had those 1000 renderings done. I had gotten one of the same emails the next day that started this thread. So, this thread has lead to something:)

"BTW:  The email you received from China was a fake.  The guy that sent it was fired from the company that we use, doesn't have the technicians to do the work, and is illegally using our images on his website.  I hope he has a good attorney!

Jeff"
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
OUCH! I'm not a big fan of trade barriers but this could be an industry killer.
...and it will be, mate. the final countdown has already become...
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Sirs, thank you for your comments.

We enter this industry by offering our best service. We do honesty work and get decent pay, nothing wrong with it.

We never approach anyone at retail level, only coordinate with wholesalers. It protects your profit margin and increased your efficiency.

It is a good opportunity for anyone who realizes it to utilize our services. Outsourcing is a trend of the world.

We are not the industry killer, but a reliable service provider. Thank you.

Bob Yang
Anonymous
Not applicable
Iin my opinion this is a killer. First we let them make renderings for 50$ (100$ whatever) then if no one will stop it they will start doing projects etc, etc. How many people will lose jobs because of that ? Maybe in China this 50$ is a lot of money and they can live for that, but those jobless renderers will have to face high costs of living here. Second thing is - I doubt if the use legal software for making those renderings. We have to face problem of buying expensive software. But if no one here will buy software, and they will not buy the software - that will kill also other industry. I hope we will be able to protect ourselfs against that kind of job stilling.
hmmmm... I think I will move to China and put you all out of business.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

TomWaltz
Participant
Bob wrote:
Outsourcing is a trend of the world.
So were sweatshops, until the unions took over.... unions will grow and hold employers hostage in other countries eventually.....
Tom Waltz
Learn and get certified!